Friday 29 March 2013

New Wheels, New Season, New Start

Metaphorically, Spring is where everything starts anew, fresh, and anything that's weighing us down is disposed of. For me, this season is a new beginning.

Actually, it was my mum who had reminded me that this is a fresh start. It began when I was informed that my 2002 Saturn SL, 5-speed manual, but plastic, car was being written off. My mum said to me, when we established that I needed to get a replacement set of wheels, that I should think of it as a fresh start. A new car, a new season, a new crack at the work I want to do, which is anything with words (writing, editing, the usual). I guess this also means I should get a new attitude. Well, only because I spent a couple of weeks really bitter, frustrated and under excessive stress.

So, now that a new season is upon us, and I have my 6-speed Mazda 3, I'm well on my way to a fresh, clean beginning. Try to maintain a positive attitude, and go to my happy place more often when I feel my internal pot wanting to boil over. Now all I need to do is find employment in my field (nothing against customs, but it numbs my brain), and I'll be good to go.

Here's to all of you as we embark on our new beginnings.

No comments: