Friday 9 December 2011

Yeah, I'm Like the Dixie Chicks

I'd received an email regarding my blog, which is dandy. After all, commentary is appreciated. What wasn't necessary was that I was once again being told that I ought to forgive and give another chance to certain people who are not deserving. Besides, the second chance had been issued and blown about two and a half years ago. Actually, numerous chances had been given, and every single time, they'd been destroyed. I'd seen certain people for who they are, and removed them from my life for a reason. I know I'm lacking on the details, but I'm certain you still understand what I mean just fine.

I don't like to go on rants and tangents about things that likely aren't understood on here, but I'm frustrated. Remember how the Dixie Chicks got pissed off at that moron George W. Bush, and came out with, "I'm Not Ready to Make Nice"? Yeah. That's how I'm feeling too. Should you forget how it goes, here's the video:


Yes, I cut someone who was once important to me out of my life, but that person is no longer of importance. I no longer care. And now I get to hear again how I ought to bring such people back into my life. Guess what? That's no one's business but my own. I live my life, and I decide what's best for me. If that involves removing certain people from my life, so be it. You're welcome to your opinion. It's a free country. However, it's best shared with someone other than me.

I apologize if I've rubbed anyone the wrong way, but until you've been me, and listened to and dealt with the crap that I did, don't go telling me who I ought to forgive, talk to, let back into my life, and basically be all hunky dory with. What's done is done. Deal with it. I've moved on with my life, and believe it or not, I'm very happy, both with my decision, and the outcome. Sorry, but the outcome's never going to change.

My apologies about the small tangent, but I needed to get that out of my system. I feel better now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES you decide who is wanted, needed or toxic in your life and no one else. I've written many people whom I deemed toxic to me out of my life and I don't have any regrets either. One happens to be (in the figure of) the same person to which you are making reference to. Hugs girl!!

Chantelle (Tilly) Wark said...

I'm glad someone else out there understands. I'd received an email (before I wrote this post) telling me that I had to let a certain human toxin who I removed from my life two and a half years ago back into my life (without even knowing the full story). That sparked this post. The person who I wrote it about decided to contact me as well. I don't think a person could concoct a more asshole-inspired letter (in truth, I only caught the first sentence, and a caps-locked sentence here and there, because I deleted it about a half second later). Hello, spam/ block list! I'm glad that there's someone else in this world who gets it, understands me, and doesn't see me as some terrible person. Removing someone from your life is a hard enough decision as it is. I cut a family member out of my life, which wasn't an easy choice, but it was the right one, and the best decision for me. For anyone who still thinks I was out of line, my doctor, who I trust with my life and then some, told me that I had to make a choice, remove any toxins (human included), and live my life in whatever way would make me the most happy, so if anyone has a problem with that decision, go talk to my doctor.

PS: Hugs right back at you, Anonymous.