Friday 30 December 2011

Resolution Time Again

The end of the year is quickly creeping upon us again, and with it, the need to make new year resolutions. I was thinking to myself the other day, do I really want to make any resolutions? They can feel so mandatory, but sometimes, that resolution is the motivation you need to get something done. With the mandatory thought in my mind, I originally figured I wouldn't resolve to do anything. But then when I got to thinking some more, I decided that yes, I would make a couple of resolutions. They don't always have to feel like a punishment. Don't worry, the two I decided upon are quite reasonable.

My first resolution is to find a job, and get off EI. I know that I will end up with employment, so perhaps this resolution was a bit of a cheat, but hey, I wanted to put something on the list that I could accomplish. If that means placing, "find a job that isn't filthy, grimy, sweaty, or involves rotating shifts," at the top of my list, then so be it.

My other resolution could present a bit of a challenge, but it is still feasible. I want to move out. I love my family, I really do, however, they make me crazy. Also, I want to get on with the next chapter of my life, and get back that freedom and independence that I had when I lived in Thunder Bay. Is that so bad?

I don't know if I'll add anything to that list, but at least I opted to do something. What are you going to do? 

No comments: