Thursday 9 August 2012

Maybe I Am Jamie Oliver

I started my new job yesterday as an office girl at a private culinary school. The head chef had said something about yesterday's lesson being about various sauces. I had mentioned to him that I have been working on perfecting rose sauce, and that after I got that mastered, I was going to make the move to alfredo from scratch. Because I'm the luckiest little girl I know, he gave me a copy of the original, straight from Italy alfredo sauce. So, with that said, you can probably figure out what I made for supper today (and my mother was quite pleased as she didn't have to cook).

It turns out the recipe is quite simple. Five ingredients in total. Butter, heavy cream (also known as whipping cream), shredded Parmesan cheese, garlic, and parsley. I was a little bit concerned at first when I saw how much parsley I had added to the sauce (hey, I put in the amount that the recipe called for), but when the noodles were mixed in, suddenly the parsley didn't seem to be so overpowering.

When all was said and done, I'd cooked a few too many fettuccine noodles, but the outcome was still delicious. I don't want to boast, but I think I nailed the alfredo sauce dead-on. And I'd made enough to share with my grandparents, who happen to live next door.





I think I've maybe watched a few too many Jamie Oliver cooking shows. My pasta outcome made me feel just as pro as he is...or I pretend to be like Mr. Oliver really well... I will definitely be making sauce from scratch again.

No comments: