Thursday 16 August 2012

Make A Wish

As many of you may know, my younger cousin (he's nine) is a child cancer survivor. Quite a feat, I know. If you've ever heard of the Make A Wish foundation, you might have an idea as to where this post is headed. If you've never heard of Make A Wish, it's a foundation that delivers wishes to children with life-threatening illnesses. As such, my cousin was able to have a wish with them, and tomorrow, after being cancer-free for five months, his wish gets to come true. He, his little brother, and his parents head off to California tomorrow, and they'll be spending the next week at Legoland (my cousin loves his lego).

I love how there's a foundation that's a real-life genie, and grants wishes to severely unwell children. Sometimes, I think, the kids need something to look forward to, that extra boost of motivation to go through another round of chemotherapy, or make it through the next blood transfusion. A small morale boost can go a long way.

If you know a child who's made a wish, I hope it came true and was awesome. To those who are still waiting, I hope your wishes are granted, and when they do, I hope the experience is a joyous one.



For more information about the Make A Wish foundation, follow the link I've provided:

http://www.makeawish.ca/


For more posts with related topics, check out, "Child Cancer Sucks!" (September 2011), "One More Month" (February 2012), and "Dear Leukemia" (March 2012).

No comments: