Wednesday 22 August 2012

My Late-Night Guilty Pleasure

I don't care if you think I'm a weirdo, I really don't. We all need a vice, and mine of late is a little different than what I'd normally go for.

It all started one day, about a month or so ago, when I was messing around with my Google Reader. I subscribe to a site called The Awesomer, and one of the awesome things it had posted was a video called "Happy Little Clouds". Have you ever heard of Bob Ross, or the television show he did called The Joy of Painting? If so, the video I was watching was a musical mix of the various things he was known for saying and doing while painting on his show.


Because of this song, I have now found myself watching episodes of The Joy of Painting at night after I've gone to bed. The best part is I'm not an artist. I can wield a brush and paint, but the result isn't going to be pretty. Now, I kind of want to bust out some oil paints, and paint myself some happy little clouds, happy little trees, almighty trees, and almighty mountains. Or perhaps I just want to clean a paintbrush, for the sole reason being that I'd get to, "beat the devil out of it."

I might not be doing any joyous painting at the moment, but I can at least take in some joy from the creativity on the canvas as I watch away at night.

No comments: