Saturday 24 December 2011

Happy Christmas Eve

Those of us who celebrate Christmas are likely becoming very excited, or at the very least, I am! One more sleep, and Christmas will be here. Like most people who celebrate Christmas, Allie and I have 24th traditions that we will be partaking in yet again this year.

Our grandparents used to come over on Christmas Eve for some holiday cheer. That hasn't happened in eons, but my and Allie's grandpa will come out during the week when he's done work, and drop off our Christmas prezzies. Come Christmas Eve, my family and I will sit and go through what our grandparents gave us. It's not quite the same, but it's still enjoyable.

If you've read my December post, "Whoville-What?" you'll know that Allie and I are the proud owners of the game Whoville-opoly. Once Christmas Eve hits, you can bet that Allie and I will be playing that came, with either bad holiday specials playing in the background (on mute so we can listen to music), or our favourite Christmas movies.

Christmas Eve is the only time that I still have the potential of being given a bed time (you'd think that at 24, that wouldn't be an issue anymore, but apparently such isn't the case). But that's okay, because I'm usually very much like a child this time of year, and I'm too darn excited to sleep. Mum would kick Allie and I off to bed, even in our teens (and as we've established, in my twenties), so Santa can arrive. I get even, though, because I'm usually the first person up Christmas morning. Allie gets pounced on, and once she's done throwing me out of her room, we go and jump on our parents. As I said, it's all about being a kid again.

Omar usually comes over for Christmas Eve. This year, he won't be able to make it as he has other things doing, but at least he'll be over on Boxing Day for a traditional Christmas dinner. Allie and I will definitely miss him this year for Wholville-opoly shenanigans, but I'm certain we'll get him to play on the 26th.

I'm one of Santa's little helpers, so tonight, I get to do the ultimate puzzle: getting everything to fit into the momma's stocking. As difficult as it can be, stuffing mum's stocking is actually a ton of fun. That being said, I wouldn't want to do many more than that. How Santa manages to fill so many in one go boggles my mind.

Anyways, as we all likely have many things to finish before the big day, I will end by saying Happy-Whatever-You-Celebrate! May Santa (or Hanukkah Harry) be good to you tonight!

No comments: