Thursday 1 December 2011

On the First Day of Christmas...

...from the best mommy ever, I received a Star Wars advent calendar!

I bet you can see where this next series will be going, can't you? After my 11 Days of Remembrance series, I really wanted to do my own take on The Twelve Days of Christmas. Hey, if Bob and Doug MacKenzie could do it, why couldn't I?

For as long as I can remember, my sister and I have always had an advent calendar to count down the days until Christmas. Usually, they're the ones with the typical Christmas fare, like trees, Santas, and maybe snowmen, or small children skating on an outdoor rink. So, to come home from my trip in the Dominican (yes, I'm still working on that piece, I haven't forgot), to have my mother say to me, "this why I'm the best mommy ever," and hand me a Star Wars advent was pure awesome. I mean, just take a look at this thing!

If you're as big a dork as I am, you likely understand why I'm so excited. As if counting down to Christmas wasn't awesome enough already!

So with that, I'll leave you all to shake your head, and wonder why you read the posts of one of the biggest geeks on the planet. Until tomorrow, after I've used the Force to find the next number on my advent!

No comments: