Friday 9 December 2011

On the Sixth Day of Christmas...

...what did I wear? Reindeer dealie-boppers in my hair!

Confused? That's alright. It happens to the best of us on occasion. Perhaps I should put the above statment into Christmas terms. To quote, "Deck the Halls," I, "don my gay apparrel."

Allie has this thing for what she calls, "nice" Christmas sweaters. Truth is, we all know that they're likely ugly or tacky. Well, late last month, or earlier this month, I can't quite recall (but I think it was November), darling Allie had me take her around on the ugly Christmas sweater hunt. I've never really understood why ugly sweaters and Christmas go together, so if anyone could explain that to me, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Well, she may have her sweaters and her Santa hat, but I think that what I have is better by far. Last year, my family and I went out for dinner to Ye Old Squwire (or, "Squwire's" as it's more commonly known). It's right beside a Value Village. For reasons that I can't recall, we went into Value Village, probably for Allie to do her ugly sweater hunt.

I was wandering through with my mother, feeling my Magner's ever so slightly, when I found it. It's not a sweater, but it's definitely true to the season. It's a green t-shirt with two candy canes on it. One of the candy canes is broken. Underneath, in sparkly-ish letters is the caption, "Oh Snap!" Oh yeah! Best Christmas shirt ever!

A few years before, I got the best pair of dealie-boppers ever. I was out with my mum, and I think we found them at the Dollar Store. They're gold, shiney, sparkly, and they have two Rudolphs on them. Think bug antennae, but festive. Combine the dealie-boppers with my Oh Snap! shirt, and I'm pretty sure I have the best festive look going in my house... Although, Allie does wear the terrible Christmas sweaters pretty well...

Last year, when I was working at one of the local steel mills, the shift I was on was working nights on December 23. We had a fairly relaxed night, with food, and movies in the shipping pulpit. One of my co-workers, who's famous for channelling his inner Griswold with the shipping pulpit, was wearing his Santa hat over his helmet. Well, last year, on that final shift before Christmas, I decided to take in my reindeer dealie-boppers. First picture me wearing them in the pulpit between coils, or in the lunch room during breaks. Now picture every other person in the slitters trying them on for size. And that, my friends, is why my dealie-boppers, at the very least, will always rein superior with my Christmas attire.

Take that, ugly sweaters! You don't stand a chance!

Do any of you don some snazzy gay apparrel? (I'm referencing the song, people, referencing the song!)

No comments: