Friday 4 May 2012

May the Fourth be With You

It's the fourth of May, and if you're as geeky as I am, you'll know that today is Star Wars day.

When I was in high school, to everyone he would pass by, my science teacher would give a nod of the head, and say, "may the fourth be with you." Whether you were the epitome of geek or not, he would be certain to give you this greeting.

That teacher, Willis Hopkin, passed on back in October 2005. However, every year at this time, I give the Star Wars greeting with a very dorky, but totally awesome science teacher in mind.

And since it's Star Wars day, and I'm a total Star Wars dork, this post wouldn't be complete without some pictures from when Omar and I went to see Star Wars: In Concert a couple of years ago.

I know I don't look exactly like Princess Leia, but it was July, so I decided to make her ready to face the heat of Tatooine.


Every star Wars geek needs a good blaster by his or her side... Or a lightsabre...


Omar was in love with the Emporer's clothes.


Pose at the story board, Landomar!



Who doesn't love Yoda? As soon as I posed for this pic, there were, "awws" everywhere, along with multiple camera flashes.



Battle droids!






It's C-3P0! Or Anthony Daniels. But C-3P0 makes him even cooler.


"You don't know the power of the Dark Side..." 




Landomar with his walking Wookee likeness.





 And we dorks need our musical score. Starting with the theme.


Followed by the Imperial March.


And ending with the only good song from the new trilogy, Duel of the Fates.


And at last, a few of my favourite quotes.

"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You won't find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Would someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?" -Princess Leia

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

"I am your father." -Darth Vader

"I want to learn the ways of the Force, and become a Jedi like my father." -Luke Skywalker

"Laugh it up, Fuzzball." -Han Solo

"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking... NERFHERDER!" -Princess Leia

"You don't know the power of the Dark Side." -Darth Vader

"IT'S A TRAP!" -Admiral Ackbar

"Aren't you a little short for a Storm Trooper?" -Princess Leia


And there you have it. May the fourth be with you. Always.

No comments: