Saturday 12 May 2012

Review: The Avengers

I warn you now, this is going to be a short review. It's not because I have nothing to say about The Avengers, it's a case of the movie being so incredibly amazing that I really can't put it into words.

For those who are the ultimate geeks, The Avengers will leave you in your glory. Those who weren't dorks beforehand certainly would be throughout the duration of the film, and after.

Every character gets his or her moment of glory. With something like this, there's the genuine concern of one character rising up or receiving more limelight than the other. Such was not the case with this film. Each hero was equally important. That being said, the Hulk totally (and unintentionally) stole the show. I'm not going to elaborate on how, but I will say that it involves his confrontation with Loki.

The Avengers was not only fully loaded with action and fight scenes, but it's humourous as well. A joke here, sarcastic statement there, and a bad attitude someplace else, both on and off the battlefield.

I went to see it last night with the boyfriend. It was his second time going. Given how awesome it was, I could definitely see why, along with also seeing how it's already managed to shatter records. C'mon, Avengers, dethrone the top-grossing films of all time (James Cameron's Avatar and Titanic)! Hopefully, I'll be seeing it for a second time tomorrow. 

If you haven't yet seen The Avengers, get your posterior to the movie theatre. Stat!

No comments: