Tuesday 22 May 2012

I Was Born in the Wrong Decade aka Job Hunt Tunes

Those who know me know that I'm a sucker for classic rock, particularly bands like Queen, or Aerosmith, but I also enjoy the ones that aren't quite as hard as well. Sadly, I wasn't born until the late eighties, and much of the stuff I enjoy came out before I was born, Still that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

While surfing various job boards today, I catered to my urge to listen to such music as I investigated various jobs. What can I say? Some days, all I require to make my hunt more positive are some good tunes to help keep me motivated. I'll be uploading a resume and singing along. I doubt I'm the only one who does such a thing.

Anyways, I thought I should at the very least share some of the tunes that I'd been listening to while job hunting, starting with Sweet.

Little Willy


Fox on the Run

And some Bay City Rollers, "S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y Night" (contrary to popular belief, I can, rock out, and have rocked out to BCR. That's right, Buttons, I'm talking to you).

And I had some Cheap Trick in there as well.

Surrender

I Want You to Want Me

I also had Mouth & MacNeil (hello, One Hit Wonder).

How Do You Do?

The list could go on, but I don't want to bog you down with too much stuff.

Should any of you be on the prowl for a profession, and need something to keep you going while you search, now you have something to listen to.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to my hunt for employment.

No comments: