Friday 10 February 2012

One More Month

I have wonderful news that I can't help but share, especially if you're familiar with my September 2011 post, "Child Cancer Sucks!" My cousin, who I wrote that piece about, as of today (February 10, 2012), has one month left of treatment to go. On March 10, 2012, we should be hearing the words, "leukemia free."

For those of you who understand the battle, you know just how exciting this is. When we'd first heard that it'd be three years of treatment, it seemed like such a long time. Now, we can't believe that he has one month left to go. Not just that, but to adjust to a new normal too. No chemo, no clinic days, no more lumbar procedures. It's been a long time coming.

I'm certain that many of you who are reading this have had cancer of some description impact you in some way, whether you've survived it yourself, or know someone who's fighting it. For those of you who have lost someone, I'm sorry. My family knows your pain. But, hopefully, the bittersweetness of my nine year old cousin defeating it brings you some comfort as well.

You have one month left to live, leukemia.

No comments: