Tuesday 4 November 2014

11 Days of Remembrance: Adding to the Hoard

For those who may not know,  I am a poppy hoarder.  I have more than I can count,  definitely more than I need, but still, I continue to add more to the bunch. A few days ago was no different.

Yes, I have more than my fair share of poppies that come compliments of the donation boxes, but what you may not know I that I also collect the more elaborate pins. This past Friday,  I bought myself another, and yes, I think it's beautiful.

Sometimes, the beauty is in the simplicity.

Aside from one pin that I'm missing,  in think I just might own them all. And that's not even the end of my poppy hoarding. I have a specialty one coming in from England,  but that is part of a post for another day.

We all have something that we feel compelled to collect. Why should an abundance of poppies be any different? As for my collection just before my latest poppy-pin-purchase?

My interpretation of Flanders.

No comments: