Friday 7 November 2014

11 Days of Remembrance: The McMaster Archive

In the basement of McMaster's Mills Library is a really cool archive (it's design is similar to that of my dream personal library). Just outside the main part of the archive is a fascinating display that's dedicated to the First World War. There are medals, letters, photographs, books. All kinds of pieces of World War One history.

I haven't had to chance to appreciate it fully for a longer than a few minutes, so I definitely need to go back to admire it again. With better attention, of course. But what I saw looks pretty fantastic. I have a copy of one of MacCrae's poetry anthologies from the early 1920s, I couldn't help but think about how well it would blend in with the exhibit.

So if anyone's around Mac, and wants to spend a few minutes taking in some Canadian First World War history, go to the basement of Mills, and visit the archive. Unfortunately, I don't know how long that particular display will stay up, so I suggest going sooner than later!

No comments: