Friday 15 June 2012

Crossed Off the List: #11

Well, I was able to cross an item off my Summer To-Do List, to a certain degree. #11 was "Hit up a festival (preferably music)". Conveniently, Burlington's Sound of Music Festival started last night. The boyfriend's coffee hangout with one of his buddies fell through, so I told him that if he was still wanting to go out for coffee (even though I don't drink it), that I'd go with him. I had no idea where we would be going when he suggested that I meet him at his place first (usually, we'll meet at the Starbucks that's between his house and mine).

I got in the door at his house long enough to say hello to his parents, turn around, hop into his car, and go. When we took the ramp to go "north" on the Red Hill, I had a feeling we were going to Burlington. Sure enough...

How he managed to find a parking spot in a free lot near the waterfront is beyond me. We pulled in just as a mum and her kids were packing up and leaving. Space available, we took it.

We wandered on over to Second Cup, and grabbed ourselves a beverage, before going across the street to Spencer Smith Park to take in some of the festival. I hadn't been to that particular festival in a few years, and I had never been at night. Wow, was it busy!

Last night's feature band was the Arkells. I'd heard of them, and I knew I'd heard their stuff, but I had no idea what any of it was until I heard it. We sat along the pier away a bit from the stage. It was a mob out front, and we didn't want to be stuck in there. Also, the volume was crazy loud. But, where we chose to sit, we could hear everything perfectly fine, and also people watch. What people choose to wear out in public doesn't surprise me much anymore.

We stayed for an hour, maybe a bit more last night, because there was still a day left in the work week, and some people (myself excluded), needed to be up for work this morning. So no late night last night. But that's alright. We might find ourselves going back on Sunday. Treble Charger's playing, and I haven't heard "American Psycho" in a very long time ("Now I know how far you'll go... to be the next freak show American psycho...). 

No comments: