Saturday 2 June 2012

Another Awesome Realization

I know, I know. As if being excited that strawberry season starts this month wasn't enough, there was one other thing that I realized starts in a few weeks: football.

I must be clear, though. I don't do any of this NFL nonsense. 4-down football annoys me. If those NFLers are as amazing as people claim, they shouldn't need the extra down (can you tell that I like the CFL 3-down version instead?). No one has to like that thought. No one even has to agree. But this is Canada, and as such, I have the right to an opinion, and my opinion is that 3-down football is better.

Anyways...

As I'm near the Hammer, my mum and I like to watch the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. But I also really like the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Conveniently, the Hammer's opening game is against Saskatchewan. Now that's a game I wouldn't mind going down to Ivor Wynne to watch.

Mum and I made our way to a pre-season game last year. That game had some of the best football I had ever seen. If the Cats can play the way they did with last year's pre-season throughout this year's regular season, they might actually have a fighting chance at the Grey Cup. What a way to finish out Ivor Wynne's final year that would be!

Suddenly, I'm starting to remember just how awesome June can be... and I'm loving it!

No comments: