Monday 15 October 2012

A Few of My Favourite Things: Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack Edition

As we're in October, there are certain soundtracks and films that I feel the need to listen to and watch as they're so appropriate for this time of year. One of my faves is the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Since I couldn't find my copy of the soundtrack, I ordered it in from the local library.

I'm certain you've all heard at least one song from RHPS, and my guess would be the "Time Warp," especially if you've ever attended a Halloween party. If you've never heard it, you will now. For those who have, let's do the time warp again!



 I also really like "Rose Tint My World." Sure, it's a little bizarre, but then so is the whole picture show. I don't know what it is about this song, but it makes me want to sing along, and bust a move, especially if I'm waiting at a stoplight. Yes, I was doing just that on my way home from work today.


As much as I enjoy these two songs, there is one that will always take the cake above the rest in the film. If you're a fan of Meat Loaf, then this song is definitely for you. "Hot Patootie (Bless My Soul)" is hands down, the best RHPS song. But then, can you really go wrong with Meat? Um, no. And yes, I was singing and dancing to this while waiting at a stoplight as well, and no, I don't care about the awkward stares I was potentially receiving.


These may be my top three, but the rest of the album is still worth listening to. Want to hear it? Thanks to the wonders of YouTube, the whole album is available for all the world to enjoy, so here you go:


Happy listening!

1 comment:

Rowan said...

my favourite is still Science Fiction.