Monday 15 October 2012

So Long, Squinty McGuinty!

Do my ears deceive me? I heard a wonderful rumour that Ontario Premier and Liberal Party Leader Dalton McGuinty is stepping down from his position, roughly one year after being voted in for his third term. What's that? MacLean's Magazine has confirmed it?!

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/10/15/ontario-premier-dalton-mcguinty-resigns/

Oh, happy, joyous day!

I've never been a supporter of the Liberal Party, and even less still of Dalton McGuinty, or who my family lovingly refers to as Squinty. He has done less than little good for Ontario, and I've only ever supported one of his ideas, which was wanting to get free prescription eyeglasses to young children who needed them but didn't have the funds. Otherwise, he was useless, worthless, and gave me a pain where I couldn't bear.

So, for the moment, while this wonderful surprise sinks in, Ontario's Parliment has been prorogued. I'm wondering if this means another election for Ontario, or if the Province's new Premiere will be McGuinty's replacement. Personally, I'm hoping for the election route. After all, I'd rather see the party I support get in. As well, I never get tired of voting.

I might just have to do a little happy dance. The song "Celebration" by Kool & the Gang seems appropriate right about now.


So long, Squinty! Don't let  Queen's Park's door hit you in the ass on the way out!

No comments: