Monday 26 March 2012

A (Belated) Happy Spring

After a rather eventful week and a bit, I can finally sit down here and wish everyone a, "happy spring!" Okay, I know we never really had much of a winter, but still, there's just something about the winter season officially being over that people seem to really enjoy.

Looking around at home, you can tell the signs of winter are for the most part over. Mum's put the teapots back on top of the cupboards, the trees are budding (the willows already have small leaves from the looks of things), and the daffodils that some squirrels transplanted for us a few years ago have already bloomed. If the lilacs are starting to sprout, then I'll know that we really are experiencing an early spring. The only real sign of winter left is with the two decorative snowmen that are sitting by the basement door. However, those are the result of cleaning out my aunt's apartment, so they don't really count.

When the warm weather hits, and I'm certain the rest of you do this too, the windows roll, down, and the tunes get cranked right up! I'm certain we all have music that makes us embrace the warm weather. At the moment, for me, it means getting my Prince on, with, "Raspberry Beret" being my song of choice. A few minutes ago, it was Sheryl Crow, "Wanna Soak Up the Sun," Shania Twain, "Up!" and Nickelback's, "Gotta be Somebody." Yes, I enjoy Nickelback. I'm not a die-hard fan, but I'm not a hater either. But really, so long as the song has a wicked beat, I'm good to go.

I love winter, not that we had much of one for me to enjoy, but I love when spring officially gets here. The grass is green, the fields should be getting planted soon, and though we're having a semi-winter temperature at the moment, when it warms up again, you can bet I'll be spring cleaning my car. Now find some good music, a nice sunny spot, and enjoy!  

No comments: