Wednesday 18 April 2012

A Little Bit of Nineties

I've always been a sucker for classic rock. For as many present-day bands and musicians that I enjoy, the bands and individuals of decades past will always hold a strong place in my heart. Lately, I've been giving in to such desires, mostly from the nineties.

Though I was a teenager during the early 2000s, I'm a child of the nineties, so perhaps that's why that decade is what's calling to me the most at the moment. There are two songs in particular from this time period that I've been addicted to as of late.

The first song is "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something, and this is the one that I've been listening to the most.


I swear, I could listen to this song over and over. But since it makes me happy, why shouldn't I set it to repeat?

I've also heard "Closing Time" by Semisonic quite often on the radio. But it's a good song, so why not?

Finally, I've become highly addicted to "Pop Goes the World" by Men Without Hats. Yes, I realize this particular song is from 1987, making it as old as I am, but it's still tons of fun, and who doesn't love fun?

I blame the current Tide commercial for getting this stuck in my head. However, I'm disappointed that my local library doesn't have this song in amongst its music collection. And since I don't know how to download, I guess I'll just have to stick to listening to it on Youtube.

*Sidebar: for any HPL employees who may be reading this, with your fancy-pants music download section on your site, you don't have Men Without Hats.*

And there you have it. A little piece of the nineties, and a smaller part of the eighties. I hope they make you as happy as they've made me. 


No comments: