Monday 30 July 2012

A Girl and Her Car: Part III

Yes, I have another story involving my dear, darling 2002 Saturn SL. Poor you. But it's not like I bombard you with tales of my wheels, so I'm certain you can handle it.

So, my poor car was having droop issues that I'd dare to compare to a saggy old lady. You know how there's fabric inside the top of the car (the head-liner)? Well, the glue wasn't holding, and the fabric started to fall, and since my hair was starting to brush against the bottom of the droop, I figured it was time to perform some minor surgery.

I wasn't quite sure how to fix the problem. My mum decided to look up some Youtube videoes to see how to repair my sagging car fabric. The bulk of them told how to detach the fabric, reglue it, and basically get messy. Then she found a video that suggested using twist pins. Twist pins are used with upholstery to keep fabric bits and pieces in place. So we went to Fabricland, and for roughly $5, I bought two 10-packs of twist pins.

Once we got home, we attempted to perform droopy head-liner fabric surgery. Wouldn't you know it, the darn things actually worked. Check it out:


The pins are shaped like little flowers as well.



I know it's not duct tape, which is the handyman secret weapon, but perhaps twist pins could be the handywoman equivilent. One thing's certain, though. My fix would likely cause my pappa to turn his hat sideways (it's what he does when he's befuddled, and at a loss for words).

My car is happy yet again. If only all sagging issues could be solved for $5 (ladies, you know what I mean).

No comments: