Friday 20 July 2012

Review: The Dark Knight Rises

If you've read my previous post, you'll know that last night, I was sitting in a movie theatre in Oakville waiting to watch the 12:10am showing of The Dark Knight Rises. Every other film is going to get destroyed at the box office this weekend by this movie, and it'll be well deserved.

When Catwoman leans into Batman in The Dark Knight Rises, and tells him that a storm's coming, she's not kidding. The bulk of the film really is a war between Gotham City, and Bane, and it's fantastic, especially since Bruce Wayne's toys are used against him.

I only had one issue with this movie, and it was my difficulty with being able to understand Bane. Because of his mask, he had a machine-like sound, but unlike Darth Vader, I had difficulty making out what he was saying. If Darth Vader was made easy to understand in the 1970s, there's no excuse for the audibility difficulties with Bane in 2012.

All things considered, this movie is definitely worth seeing. I won't say that seeing it in theatres is a must, but you'll appreciate the experience a whole lot more. 

No comments: