Monday 23 July 2012

What a Flood!

Last night, Hamilton and the surrounding area, was flooded in a storm that gave us a month's worth of rain in two hours. I swear, I thought I was going to have to canoe out of my driveway, it was so flooded. At one point, I couldn't see my car outside of our kitchen window (which is only about ten feet away), and the rain was horizontal. I thought for sure we were going to have a tornado touch down. Luckily, such was not the case. Also, the power kept surging. It was quite the chain of storm cells (the average thunderstorm cell lasts 15-30 minutes, so you can imagine just how many went through last night). But, everything drained quickly enough, the grass looks infinitely greener, and the crops are definitely happier. If you were caught in the flooding, I hope all is alright. If you didn't get any rain, I would have gladly shared it with you, and hopefully you get some soon.

And here are a few pics from last night's insanity:

The driveway
 
The favourite climbing tree
 
The ditch along the edge or one of our fields
 
 

No comments: