Thursday 6 October 2011

Ontario Has Spoken!

After debates, smear ads, and a long campaign trail, Ontario has decided on its leader. Liberal leader Dalton McGuinty gets to maintain his position as the Premiere of Ontario. As much as it pains me to say it, and truth be told, I'd rather not, congratuations Mr. McGuinty on your third consecutive win. Though there are many who don't support you, Ontario seems to still like you, so good job.

Though the Premiere isn't who I wanted it to be, I'm glad that my riding chose well, so I suppose I can't complain too much. Wait a minute! Yes, I could if I wanted to! I can voice my opinion because I voted! However, I'll stay positive for the moment, and be content with the small victories.

To those of you who voted, Ontario heard you loud and clear, and for that, I applaud you. Did you relish that feeling of power, knowing that your "x" determined the fate of our province? Awesome, isn't it? Keep it up! Don't ever silence your paper voices.

For those of you who didn't, you still frustrate me. Not exactly the best choice, but yours none the less. In the words of Sir Winston Churchill, "I'll have no truce or parlay with you". There's no use preaching to a deaf choir. Just make sure you do it next time. No excuses!

Good luck, Premiere McGuinty.

...

Please don't mess up my province.

No comments: