Sunday 16 October 2011

Review: Killer Elite

One of my friends and I went to see Killer Elite this evening, which stars Jason Stathom, Clive Owen, and Robert DeNero. My verdict? Freaking. Awesome. Movie! From start to finish, it was jam packed. Something was always happening. Yes, the movie was long, and I could tell it was long, however, I never once felt bored, but that's because there was so much going on. There were a few plot twists, and things that I wasn't anticipating, and the stuff that I thought was going to happen never occurred at all. Don't worry, it's not a bad thing. For instance, I thought one character was baiting another, but such was not the case as he was actually unsuspecting of what was about to happen. Naturally, it was an action-packed movie loaded with car chases, seriously kick-ass fight scenes, and a shoot-out or two, but it also came loaded with some epic comedy. The best line was between Stathom and one of his crew:

"Want a lollipop?" -Other Guy
"Yeah." -Stathom
"What flavour? Strawberry or f*ck you?" -Other Guy

That kept me laughing for a good two minutes after the line was said. Fabulous.

As the movie was set in the '80s, there were plenty of old school cars to tickle the viewer fancy. There was an Aston Marton, a Rolls (help me out here if I was wrong with this one), and an old Ford muscle car that was actually kick-ass. The movie was also loaded with Mercedes-Benz', which my friend hates with a passion. That being said, he cheered and applauded every single time one was either blown up, or shot to pieces.

Overall, Killer Elite was awesome. I'd go see it again, and I'd even buy it when it comes out on DVD. If you're a fan of action movies, you must see this. I promise you will not be disappointed. Start to finish, this was one solid film. It was killer.

No comments: