Thursday 27 October 2011

In the Words of Rick Mercer

I'm a huge fan of Rick Mercer. He's hilarious, he's intelligent, and he's not afraid to speak his mind. He says what others are afraid to say, and he dares to speak about the taboo subjects. With his latest rant, he not only speaks with his mind, but I'd dare to say straight from the deepest depths of his very soul. He not only speaks out against homophobia, but raises the important issue of role models. As he's a gay man himself, he more than realizes the importance of having someone to look up to.

I know I've written a few posts already regarding the importance of speaking out against homophobia, but you must understand that my family and I have friends who are members of the LGBT community. We'd be devastated if anything happened to them, or any of their friends, and with all these suicides lately, I just want people to remember how important it is to try to put an end to all the hatred.

So, here's what Mercer had to say. I admire this man. I really, really do.


For more on this subject, refer to my posts, "Purple Rain," "Why So Homophobic?," and "Why So Homophobic? Part 2."

No comments: