Friday 14 October 2011

Redlight King

I keep meaning to write about this musician, the Redlight King. From what I've been told, he's originally from my hometown, and his musician name is pretty much a homage to his father.

Neil Young has a song called "Old Man". He also apparently has a thing about people wanting to use his music. The Redlight King managed to get permission from Mr. Young to do his own cover of "Old Man", which would become his breakout song. It's gritty, brilliant, and from what I've been told, the scene of the young man looking at his trophies with the car pictures in the background, the white one on the right hand side is the Redlight Bandit. Rumour has it that those who know this man's father, and know the car, often wondered what happened to that photograph. Never in a million years would they guess that it would cameo in a music video. See for yourself.



Certainly, that's rather cool, having local lore make an appearance in this video.

For the longest time, I didn't hear anything else of his. I was hoping he wouldn't become a one hit wonder because, quite frankly, I think his B-brook ties are rather awesome. Okay, so he states that he's originally from the Hamilton area, but that's beside the point. A couple of days ago, I saw another video of his. Now, can you guess what I find awesome about it?


If you guessed the World War Two aircraft, you'd be correct. Now here's the additional trivia that you might not realize. Anyone who lives around here, who isn't sheltered, knows that this video was filmed at the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum. How would I know that? Fact that I recognize all the aircraft aside, I've been to Warplane Heritage more times than I can count. And... I live only minutes away. I know. Pure awesome.

Now, there's one more video of his that I've seen, and I'm not sure if that's all he has or not, however, these are surely a start. Once again, it was filmed locally. How many parts of the Hammer do you recognize?



What can I say? When the artist is local, I just have to share. I'm certain you would be tempted to do the same.

1 comment:

Chantelle (Tilly) Wark said...

Apparently I misinterpreted information (though I was only stating what I recalled being told), so I apologize for any confusion.