Saturday 1 October 2011

Happy 1st of October

Here we are at the start of a brand-new month, and today's chill was definitely living up to October's -ber suffix. The air was crisp, the sun was bright, the leaves were vibrant, and the wind knocked more walnuts out of our trees than we know what to do with. I swear, the driveway's a walking hazard, all those golf-ball size walnuts scattered all over the place. And the trees are still loaded! After a while, my family no longer hears them thud against the house, they fall so often. Oh well. I suppose worse things could go thunking onto our roof.

Today was also fantastic as it was spent with some very dear friends, and came fully equipped with good food, great conversation, and an October staple: Apple cider. Nothing says autumn in October more to me than a big glass of cider. Hot or cold, I'll drink it either way. Cheers, everyone! Fall is in the country! While out with these friends, we played a board game that was new to me, called Ticket to Ride. It is really quite a clever game where you're given destinations, and you have to try to make your train get from one city to another. Explaining it is somewhat difficult, however when you get to playing it, Ticket to Ride is really quite simple. Even though I lost, I still managed to hit the jack pot as I had the entire Eastern Seaboard under my little green trains' control. I was really quite pleased with myself. If you ever want a game that's simple yet strategic, I suggest trying Ticket to Ride. Another great game under this category is Dominion, but I'll save that for another day.

Anyways, I shall keep this short as it's getting late in my part of the world. Besides, taking over the Eastern Seaboard is tiring work, even if it was only with a board game. Happy first of October, everyone! Don't forget to celebrate with a nice glass of cider!

No comments: