Friday 21 October 2011

Jelly Tots

I know I really shouldn't be this excited over candy, but for me, it's pretty much a wish come true! As a child, Jelly Tots were my favourite candy. When I'd go to the Corner Store in the village, I'd be asked what I'd like, and I'd always say Jelly Tots. And then, when I was still in elementary school, they disappeared. I know. Tragic. Ever since, I've been wondering what happened to my all-time favourite candy, however, about the only time I'd be really upset that they were gone was when I'd start to get cravings for them.

Sometimes, but not often, I'd go to the Bulk Barn. They have candy that's similar to Jelly Tots, but it's just not the same. The drops were too big, the colours were too few, and they were too chewy, but when a hankering arose, they would suffice. Little did I know that roughly two weeks ago, my luck would change.

As you might know, if you read my post titled "Cherry Coke," after many years of no such luck, I finally found Cherry Coke in Canada at a convenience store in the plaza where I go for career workshops, and networking group. Cherry Coke is my all-time favourite drink, and I had said at the end of my post that I had the beverage taken care of, and that all I had to find were Jelly Tots. As of this evening, I now have.

Walmart in Elfrida, thank you so much for stocking up on British candy (even though I had no idea that Jelly Tots are English). The packaging may be more modern, but the taste, texture, and everything else about them are still the same. My favourite candy is exactly how I remembered it. Thanks for allowing me to relive my childhood. Cherry Coke, and Jelly Tots are back in Canada. All is right in my world again.


                                                                                     /\
                                                                                   /    \
                                                                                 /        \
                                                                                      |
                                                                                      |
                                                                                      |
                                                                                      |
This would be my all-time favourite candy. This is what I've been missing for a very long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I remember those..gonna have to check Walmart here for them...yum!