Thursday 27 October 2011

Kismet and Karma

Those who are familiar with me know that I'm a strong believer in kismet, karma, and that everything happens for a reason. The reasons may not automatically appear, but in time, they do reveal themselves. After all, sometimes we need to mull over why something may have occured. Today was once again proof that there is a reason for everything.

One of my friends had needed a favour from me. He was going visiting in Mississauga, and since his car was demolished in an accident a few weeks ago, could I please be a temporary taxi service. Of course, that's not a problem. So on Tuesday, I dropped him off at the GO station, and today, I went back out to pick him up. I was 15-20 minutes early, so I went inside, and had a seat with my book. A few minutes later, I just casually looked up, to see what there was to see, and don't I see looking in my direction one of my friends who I went to school with in Thunder Bay! I hadn't seen him in about four years! Needless to say, catching up was awesome. The friend I was chaufeurring came up the escalator, and Binbrook and Thunder Bay met (technically, he's from Mississauga himself, if I remember correctly, but I knew this person in the bay).

Now I know why I needed to play taxi. If I didn't need to go to the train station, I never would have seen an old friend. Kyle, if you're reading this, I'm so glad we ran into each other and had those few minutes to catch up! All the best with what you're doing now. Perhaps our paths will cross again. 

And that, ladies and gents, is the power of kismet.

No comments: